[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 12 Dec 2008

Since judging by the weather forecast (plenty of snow and -20's and -30's) this would be the last morning I could visit the beverage site for a while I ventured out there and was rewarded with quite a good morning. Similar to Nick I did note that Japan on 747 was quite poor (and 774 not great either), but on the other hand 828 was doing very well. Some of the less powerful Japanese were also doing quite well. Wound up hearing audio from Japan on 567, 594, 666, 693, 702, 729, 747, 774, 828, 873 (did better than 747 or 774, quite unusual), 1053 (nicely clear of jammer QRM), 1071 (doing remarkably well at times), 1134, 1242, 1386, and 1422. Also China on 945, 981, 1044, 1206, and 1593. No sign of the CNR1 station on 639 that did so well on November 30th. HLAZ on 1566 was missing for the first while but came up very well at sunrise. Also heard what I believe was Korea on 1305. Also unIDs on 864 (huge carrier but very low audio), 1008 (sounded Japanese but not 100% certain), 1107, and 1242. The Russian on 648 was conspicuous by its absence today, as this season it's nearly always been there on a decent morning. Audio was also noted early on on 738, but that seemed to be of DU origin.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta