Re: [IRCA] India-1566 on a Sangean ULR? (Was CBC radio one on 540Kc)

Re: [IRCA] India-1566 on a Sangean ULR? (Was CBC radio one on 540Kc)

Hi Saul,

     Wow, thanks for the great report.  I'm happy  that you guys logged a lot
of great DX during the Newfie trip, and  congratulations on hearing Saudi
Arabia-1521 on your Prison Radio.

     I know what you mean about computer hash causing  trouble for barefoot
ULR's (and even hot-rodded ones, using only their monster  loopsticks).  During
the summer DXpeditions to Grayland, there were  a couple of times when John
Bryant and Guy Atkins were all set up with  computers and table radios inside
Room 15, but I needed to go out to a picnic  table near the beach for the best
ULR environment.

     Congratulations to Chuck for receiving India-1566  on his Sangean ULR.
West coast DXers tried hard to receive India on  ULR's this season, and we
were always hoping we could do it first.  Now it  appears that we did, although
one of us had to go to Newfoundland to do it  :>)

     73,   Gary