[IRCA] New e100 Article Uploaded

I've just uploaded a two-page article "The Slider e100 as a Varicoupler" to the Ultralight Files area of DXer.ca The article is a companion to Gary DeBock's EXCELLENT article analyzing Four Variants of the e100 as a DXing tool. My short article describes connecting the ferrite bar of the Slider e100 to outside antennas and using the properties of the Slider to create a very narrow RF window through which to seek weak signals with the e100. This article is of special interest to people operating the e100 in an urban environment.

I was very pleased with my strategy of connecting my exterior antennas directly to the stock loopstick of the e100 (as detailed in other articles) as long as I was DXing from my rural location in northern Oklahoma or at the really isolated Grayland beaches. However, when I got to our summer cottage just south of Vancouver, BC, the e100 overloaded so badly in the RF cesspool here that it was literally unusable. However, about three weeks ago, comments by Steve Ratzlaff and Gary DeBock about using the Slider e100 as a "preselector" to cut down overloading finally sunk in.... I hooked my Slider e100 to my big antennas at the cottage and the difference was literally night and day. Instead of having a totally unusable mish-mash of babble, I had a DXable band... right in the heart of RF Vancouver. In seven days, I logged almost 50 Trans-Pacific stations using the Slider as a Varicoupler to hook the e100 to my Wellbrook Phased Array and my 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops. My article outlines that use of the Slider e100.

Gary's great article and my little two pager pretty well detail everything we have developed up here on the e100.... so far. There may still be a bit more to come. Gary's article already has 40 hits in the first 24 hours... If you haven't downloaded it for your files already, its highly recommended.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Slider E100
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest _______________________________________________