Re: [IRCA] It`s official - an actual calsign...

Re: [IRCA] It`s official - an actual calsign...

Colin,

On Tuesday 11 November 2008 02:14:37 pm cafe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Just thought I would let the group know...
>
> My wife just gave me a High-Five... after I checked the website...
>
> VA7WWV is on the air!

Great call.  I have a T-shirt that says:

	WWV
We're all Time
All the time

BTW Code doesn't suck.  The way it is taught  might.  If you learned to talk
you can copy code.  If, for instance, I say the word "Beer" you don't count
the letters and spell it out  to figure out what I meant.  You just know that
they sound I made means a delicious dark brown liquid.  However if I instead
said "to to too to"   instead of listening to the sound everyone counts the
dits and dahs.  Thats hard work, and after about 10 you can't count that
fast.

If I ask most folks to learn 26 new vocabulary words in a week and be able to
recognise them when spoken, people would have no trouble.  But if I called it
a code and tried to teach you to spell out each letter of every word you
would hate it.
Enough about that.

Great job Colin.  And don't worry about being giddy about radios.  My motto is
that you can't have too many radios.

cu in the pileups.
Steve NG0G
--