Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 08:39:32 -0800
From: Pete Taylor <ptdx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] KNX HEARD IN SCOTLAND
To: Paul Crankshaw <paulc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: IRCA of America <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

That's a nice catch you got in Scotland! Not quite as big a deal but
when my wife and I honeymooned in NZ in Nov. 1978, I picked up KNX
and heard the election returns (Jerry Brown was elected as CA
governor). Regardless of conditions, KNX is one of the most
consistent So. Cal. stations here and I can't sense any signal
strength deterioration because of IBOC. I wonder what the co-channel
stations were on your recording; with no CBA to deal with, my guess
would be WFNI. Also,  I note your location right on the coast on
Google Earth. Are you right on the water and what is your antenna setup?

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 + Kiwa air core loop