[IRCA] TPs on Orcas Island: Nov. 2

Like the others, I had a second morning very like Nov. 1st: Good conditions, strong orientation to Japan. The low band was about as full of JJs as it ever gets, mostly at good levels; The high band had more audio that most other AMs this season, but about half of it was just whisper level. There were also a few interesting mainland stations around, but most of the regulars were either not there at all or way down.

The few things that were unusual were:

621 had a real echo-fest about 1400, but it was not the NHK1 synchros... it was the three KBS1 synchros... a first here, I think. Later, at 1500, there was quite an elaborate TOH for a singleton Chinese, I think from Heillongjiang.

1026 and 1062 continue to have a variety of stations taking turns on them... unfortunately, all are at levels that preclude positive IDs.... but very interesting (file that under "Hope Springs Eternal!")

1260 had JOIR Sendai on it, totally dominating for a few minutes... 1503-07. That is the rarest of my "usual" co-channels: 1260, 1350 and 1440. 1350 was also there about the same time. For some reason 1440 in Sapporo was not there.... the most usual of the three and the other big commercial station in Sapporo, JOHR, 1287 was poorer than usual this AM. Hummmm.

There was also interesting low audio on 1143, 1251, 1305, 1332, 1395, 1404 and 1431. Not even language-recognition level on any of them, unfortunately.

I really look forward to hearing from the Grayland contingent.

John B.