[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 31 Oct 2008

In common with Walt, I was expecting very little this morning, but it was a bit more interesting than I expected. Things started out very slowly, with no audios at 1300, but a decent number of carriers. It was a poor morning for the big Japanese, which gradually came up in order of descending frequency. 828 appeared first at about 1330, followed by 774, 747, 693, and finally 594, which didn't have any audio until after 1400. This was the first morning I can recall where Korea outshone Japan. 972 was the best TP signal on the band, 1566 was doing quite well, 711 was good, and I heard what I suspect was Korea on 603, fighting through the IBOC noise from Spokane. Oddly, only South Korea was favoured, as only carriers made it from the North. The Russian on 648 was also in reasonably well at times.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta