Re: [IRCA] Oct 29 TPs Victoria Ears on

At 07:33 AM 10/29/2008, you wrote:
>At 07:26 AM 10/29/2008, you wrote:
>>Lower and mid-band very much alive...
>>
>>Sitting here prepping for an early appointment
>>while my wife reads the paper... Eton E1 barefoot.
>>in the window listening to 828 Japan
>>in Italian and Japanese - absolute armchair...
>>--
>>Colin Newell - Editor - coffeecrew.com | coffee.bc.ca | DXer.ca
>>Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing
>>Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
>

>Compared to yesterday, Colin, things are again down.  Still very respectable with loads of audio, but just down overall.  Upper band pretty dead.  JJ dominate.  KK and CC seem less strong compared to other recent days and the JJ.......Walt
>PS:  RR LW way, way down, and barely there.

A bit more time to fill in the blanks re what I heard in Victoria this morning.  Listened between 13:40 and 14:30.  6 unless otherwise noted:

189, 279  (worst I've heard them in quite some time).
531:  NHK1 at 13:45 at 7.5 level.  John B is correct....I'm receiving them much better than last season.
549:  NHK1, //594 at 13:48 at 7
558:  7+ level...either JJ or KK
567:  NHK1 at 8 level
576:  Russian at 7 level
594:  9 level NHK1
603  7 level, only heard late at 14:25
612
621:  CC at 13:55 at 7
639:  7 level CNR1 // 7295
648, 657
666:  NHK1 at 7
711:  675
693:  8 level NHK2 at 13:58....best here for a long time.
711:  7
719.9  N. Korea at 6
783
747:  8 level NHK2
756:  7
765
774:  9 level NHK2
801:  7
819:  7 level with 2 cochannels...CC and N. Korea at 14:07
828:  NHK2 and wk coch at 8 level.
837:  8 level CNR1 ?
846:  7
855, 864, 873
918:  CC at 14:12 at 8 level
945
963:  CRI RR at 8 level at 14:13
972:  8 level KK
981, 1008
1017:  CRI KK at 8.5
1026, 1044, 1143  (and a few more 6's between 1143 and 1323)
1332:  7
1377, 1566:  6 only!
1575:  7 level for VOA Thailand.

That's the tally for this morning.  I continue to see the gradual deterioration of the A/K indices, so I don't expect things to improve.  Being the end of October, I wonder if this past week was the "end" of the equinoxial
period?  Let's hope not!........Walt in Victoria.