Re: [IRCA] TP report from the Queen Charlottes for 14Oct08....China especially!

Re: [IRCA] TP report from the Queen Charlottes for 14Oct08....China especially!

Hi Walt

Nice stuff.

See below for a couple of comments

WALTER SALMANIW wrote:
657:  North Korea at 13:16.  Later lots of IBOC hash
666:  JOBC at 15:43
670: KDLG with weather at 16:25 calling for snow and rain. 684: EZL music at 15:?? But trouble with IBOC hash.
The hash on 657 & 684 sort of confirms KDLG's use of IBOC.
729:  Sounds like Vietnam at 15:45
I definitely heard this one with Chime IS & VV talk at Grayland last week
1287: Hokkaido very strong. For some reason, I’m also hearing them on 1260, 1269, and 1279….not sure why as they’re not listed here. My equipment is top end, so I don’t’ see this as some receiver mixing product. Any explanations?
There are a couple of late night talk shows that run on many of the Japanese networks. I have an "All Night Nippon" list in the front end of the PAL, but the stations you mention are listed as airing it Saturday only. Either something's changed or it's a different show. There's also a show called "Battle Talk Radio" (or whatever that translates into in Japanese) which is carried on HBC (1287 etc) but not the 1260 or 1278 stations (based on the info I have). Maybe there's another show we don't know about.
Bruce