[IRCA] 10-4 TP logs

I found out this morning that I don't have to go to the beach for TP DX, although it may be better there. There's a small grassy area on the apartment complex property that I go to for any serious listening due to manmade noise indoors. It was good enough to log a couple of TP's this morning. I just tried the ten frequencies listed in Gary DeBock's "Receiving Your First Thrilling TP on a Stock Ultralight Radio".

774 JOUB 1307 good to very good with JJ man and woman doing a learning to speak English program.

972  HLCA?  1316 fair with man speaking what sounded like KK.

I also had some other carriers with no audio; the best were 828, 1566, and 1575.

JOUB was on the ICF-2010 barefoot. I needed the Select-a-Tenna for HLCA. The synchronous detection sure helps but JOUB was strong enough that I didn't absolutely need it.

I'm going to do this with the ICF-2010 for awhile then give it a try with ultralights.

73,

Dennis
Santa Barbara, CA