[IRCA] TPs from Orcas Island: Recovery Underway

[IRCA] TPs from Orcas Island: Recovery Underway

I've began to notice that recoveries here, in the fall, are almost always "led" by the Japanese stations coming back first.... to be joined a day or so later by the Chinese and Koreans. That is what was going on for me this morning.... was a good to excellent Japanese morning, with just a few Chinese and Koreans scattered in there, mostly right at dawn.

I did an early check at 1215 (all Japanese) and then really DXed from 1345 until 1425 (LSR 1415.)

Below 1100, I had audio on at least 2/3 of the channels, with all but a few being at least 7s (language recognition.) The channels that are sometimes JJ, sometimes CC or RR (like 666) were all solidly JJ and I'm pretty sure that I had Okinawa again on 864.... it was clearly JJ and not the Hokkaido station. I also had JOVX on 909//1440 and the HBC synchros on 1098// 1287.

Things were calmer above 1100, but I still had 20 audios (up from yesterday's FOUR) above 1100. The more interesting were JOER on 1350 and JOWF on 1440. Also noted the NHK2 synchros on 1521, a fairly rare showing here.

I think that Chuck and Bruce are at Grayland now... I've got obligations here this weekend and will check in to the motel on Monday for the remainder of the week.

So, the boys in Grayland ought to be doing rather well this morning, I think.

Walter, this is one of those mornings that our micro-environments really made difference. I did have something on 639, but it never got above the mumble level here (Walt reported Fiji at a 9!)

Things are lookin' up!

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array SE/NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest