[IRCA] KLVI status

In one of my other roles, as editor of The Radio Journal (www.theradiojournal.com), I've been corresponding with some of the Gult Coast engineers about Ike's aftermath, and I asked specifically about what was going on with KLVI.

The answer is that it got good and flooded out - water up to 3 feet deep across some of the site, and nearly 2 feet in the transmitter building. That delayed access to the site, and for a few days, KLVI was operating at reduced power from a 1 kW transmitter and short whip antenna at an alternate site. Full-power operation from the licensed site reportedly returned today, so Harry and other Gulf Coast DXers should be hearing 560 back to normal tomorrow.

KBME 790 is also on generator power, but at its licensed site.