Re: [IRCA] UltraLight DXpedition - Alaska Style!

Re: [IRCA] UltraLight DXpedition - Alaska Style!

Wow, Kevin--

     You sure are getting a crash course in Ultralight  TP DXing, crammed
into a few days!  Congratulations on your loggings, and  please keep good records
of them, since your 3LO-774 logging from the Kenai  Peninsula in Alaska may
be competitive with the 5AN-891 loggings from Grayland  (by John and I) for the
all-time ULR distance record.  And even if not, you  may well qualify for the
"Master Ultralight TP DXer" award by logging 40 TP's in  that ideal location,
since you are still in North America.

     Ruth and I visited the Kenai Peninsula in 1997,  and had a great time
visiting Seward, Soldotna, etc. This was before the  Ultralight TP bug bit me
with full force, and before I started doing  devious things to loopsticks and
radio circuitry :>)

     If you wish to test out your stock E100 with Terk  loop against an
Amidon 7.5" Slider loopstick E100, feel free to bring it down to  Puyallup any
time, after your return.  As you may be aware, I love  "shootouts," and always
like to try new tricks to make these tiny wonders even  more sensitive.  Good
luck in Alaska!

     73, Gary