[IRCA] 13 Sep-08 Super-Summit Seattle at Stumptown Coffee

[IRCA] 13 Sep-08 Super-Summit Seattle at Stumptown Coffee

Yesterday (Saturday), My wife Andrea, our friend Sara (from Toronto)
had the distinct pleasure of meeting Ultra-Light Radio Godfather, Gary DeBock,
and DX Explorer extraordinaire, Guy Atkins - both of Puyallup, Washington...
In Seattle at the E. Pine Street Stumptown Coffee Roasters.

It is not every day that you get to meet, not one, but two radio gurus
in one shot - but this was it.

My wife, Andrea, who is now an ex-officio medium-wave DXer (because
she walks the walk and talks the talk and knows the difference
between a passive loop, a broadband loop, a wellbrook loop
and a non-terminated beverage antenna) watched in awe as the
energy level, camaraderie, enthusiasm and solidarity built to
quantum levels...

Much networking, strategy building and think-tanking took place
over the 1.5 hour visit...
and I left with a brand new Sangean DT-400W - which will be put
to work first thing in the morning!

Trust me - there is NO substitute for hitting the road
and actually meeting up with the people in this hobby that
are actually making a HUGE difference in the general level
of excitement and overall health.

That's right: The hobby has health issues and
Gary and Guy have given it an inoculation.

Me? I am just the nurse with a needle in his hand.
--
Colin Newell - Editor - coffeecrew.com | coffee.bc.ca | DXer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing