[IRCA] TPs for 14Sep08 from Victoria

At 07:14 AM 9/14/2008, you wrote:
>Only a very late MW check once more since LF is doing so well past week. The power Japanese stations doing well, I guess a dawn enhancement which I rarely see inland here. Running EE language lessons, 693 the best, weak 6.5/7 for a short while at 1338 utc; 774 and 828 parallel format at poor level. 891 DU with music station and talk station, poor at 1347 utc until fadeout 5 minutes later. Huge 1098 het.
>1737 KUT, PNG beacon poor/weak in USB mode, 1343 utc.
>
>Update on the Convention from Dennis Vroom--he said 26 at the banquet last night, possibly a record attendance. He heard JOUB from his motel room using the 10" ferrite loop!
>
>Steve
>NE Oregon
>R75, AR7030, longwires

Back in Victoria, I listened quite late from 13:30 to 14:02.  It became obvious quickly that I had likely missed the morning's peak.  1575 was my first frequency before going down to begin on LW.  VOA Thailand was coming in with an 8+ signal.  Otherwise, I had a mix of JJ and DU stations as follows:

279:  Russian LW at 8.5
558:  EZL music at 7 level.
567:  JJ at 8
594:  9 level JOAK
612:  Brisbane at 8
621:  prob 3RN with EZL music at 13:46
702:  piano music at 13:50 at 7 level.
747:  NHK2 at 8.
774:  NHK2 at 7.5
792:  6 level
828:  NHK2 at 6
1287:  6 level
1566:  only a 6 by 14:00.

Not a whole lot, but I suspect things were much better earlier, judging from how strong 1575 was initially.  Have a great day!.........Walt