[IRCA] TP report for 5Sep08 from Masset: Recovery!

[IRCA] TP report for 5Sep08 from Masset: Recovery!

TP Report for 5Sep08  Excellent recovery!

Greetings from Masset.  This morning I listened from 12:47 until…will I’m still listening at 15:05 to the stronger NHK2 stations on the lower half of the band.  First a comment on last night…..very poor, except for good audio from 189 Iceland.  Barely a het to be heard otherwise.  I didn’t know what to expect this morning.  As it turned out, I was very pleased with the recovery….very strong Asian morning with signals hanging in until well past LSR, especially on the lower half of the band.

The Russians were back on LW with strong signals on 153, 180, 189 and 279.  No signs of Mongolia, though.

Japan was everywhere, especially the NHK1 outlets…sure wish they’d ID at a convenient time like the NHK2 stations do at 13:19:50!  I heard them on 531, 549 (this is Okinawa and was well heard especially later in the morning around 14:43), 567, 594, 603, 612, 666, 729, 792, 837, 846, and 891.  The NHK2 channels were also well populated on 693, 702, 747, 828, 873, 1017, 1035, and 1089.

603 was a fun frequency with the CNR1 and VOR IS at 13:00, and then KBS2 and JOOG (presumed) dominated.  Sure glad they have IS and IDs at the TOH to help!

There was some DU activity.  For example, I could hear 4QR weakly under JOLK on 612.  KTWG was present with cochannel North Korea and a CC speaker at 13:38 on 801.

810 is another busy channel with many stations.  Earlier, I was hearing a real jumble with CC dominating but also AFN Tokyo.  Later it was RR at 14:49.

North Korea continues to be a strong performer (as is South Korea).  657, 702, 719.9, 801,819,855.05, 873, 999, and 1080 (with strong jamming).

Spent some time on 882.  No sign of N. Korea, so I think my logging from a week ago is likely incorrect.  Chuck Hutton pointed out that they likely moved to 873.  All I heard there was STV plus someone else.  Also I had smatterings of audio on 882.35….I’ll need to study this further on the Perseus wav files.  Carrier was strong this morning there.

963 continues to have both CRI in Russian and another CC speaker.  I’ll be happy when I can identify who the other station is.

1170 was very strong with VOA (jingle hard at 14:25) plus cochannel.

1305 might have been a Filipino with a call-in show.  Wasn’t entirely sure of the language, so I’ll need to look at this further.  At 14:33.

1422:  Filipino at 14:26