Re: [IRCA] TSA CONSISTENCY

> UPS.  I bought a amp kit for my K2 several years ago.  UPS handler's
> destroyed  the outside box of a double boxed shipment rendering the label
> and bar codes unreadable. The inside box was a Land's End box which was
sent
> to Lands End by UPS.  Land's End found a serial number on the kit,
contacted
> Elecraft who gave them the shipper's name.  I got the kit in 4 weeks.  The
> shipper was processing the claim when Land's End called him.  The package
> was traced to Jacksonville FL where the handler's destroyed the outer box.
> Carry on what you don't want lost or destroyed...

Which is why I usually tape a business card to the outside, and put one
inside.  I ship a lot of things for my radio station clients and always use
that method.  Probably hundreds of things shipped, and occasionally trashed,
but never lost.

Given the amount of lost luggage the airlines make, I'll take my chances
with UPS and a tracking number.  Plus, it can be insured for full retail
value.

And not having TSA rummage through my carefully packed equipment is a big
plus.  They just stuff things back in with no regard for equipment needed
some packing material to prevent damage.  While UPS does toss stuff around,
I think the airlines are worse.

Another bonus is not having to wait a half hour for the luggage to reach the
baggage carousel.  Vacation time is a serious premium.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI