Re: [IRCA] KNRV AM-1150 to drop local programming

Re: [IRCA] KNRV AM-1150 to drop local programming

The 1150 in Denver, Colorado and the 1190 in Phoenix, AZ have just been
listed for sale. Might that be the main reason for any change at these
two stations ???
//////
Mike I heard that too. This is the result of what is going on - not the
cause. Apparently the stockholders have had enough of the low ratings
and resulting low income.

The 1150 in Denver would be a nice property if the night signal were a
little stronger (currently 1 kw). The transmitter plant was completely
rebuilt about 3 years ago when my employer (NRC Broadcasting) owned the
station. Virtually everything there is new except for the towers
themselves which were in excellent shape. The transmitter is HD capable.
You may recall that NRC operated the HD for 1 week and then shut it off
due to interference complaints from the 1170 station in Windsor CO. The
HD has been off ever since. The current studios for 1150 are only about
1 year old. I haven't seen them so I have no idea what they are like. I
heard unofficially that the asking price is $2M.

Patrick Griffith, CBT CBNT CRO
Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/