[IRCA] TPs for 22 July 2008 Strange conditions! DU

[IRCA] TPs for 22 July 2008 Strange conditions! DU

I was much better organized this morning, and things went without a hitch setting up at 12:00 and listened through to 13:00.  Early indications were very poor.  279 was there at a weak 7, but I heard no other audios on the usual DU stations.  Just as I thought to wind things up, the DUs started to pop up, sometimes at very nice reception, but for very short periods.  A station would be there, up to an 8 for a minute, and then gone again.  Very strange!  I heard no Asiatics (besides the RR LW), only DU.  Here's a list, using a Sony 2010 and 80' of random wire with a 9:1 matching transformer.

279  "7" at 12:02
567:  Nothing there until 12:51 and improved to 7 to 8 a minute later with EE talk.  RNZ National in Wellington.
576:  Almost audio at 12:56
612:  Strong carrier at 12:53, but never materialized into audio.  4QR Brisbane last season was my bellweather station in Victoria from DU.  Consistently the strongest station day in and day out from DU.  This year, my sense is that it hasn't propagated as well.
639:  Snippets of audio at 12:39
648:  Nothing at all until weak audio at 12:16.  By 12:33 an 8 with religious music, and again at 12:43 but going up and down within a minute.  Radio Rhema, NZ.
657:  7 signal with EZL music at 12:16, and an 8 by 12:37.  Presumed Southern Star, Wellington.
675:  English talk at 12:38 at 6 level.  Weak music at 12:58.  By 13:00, the only audio still present.  ?Christchurch with RNZ National?
702:  English talk at 12:38.  Stronger still at 12:41 with 7 to 8 signal.  ABC Sydney presumed.
738:  Strong carrier, very weak audio so presumed Tahiti.  Didn't hear any audio until 12:54.  6 to 7 level.
756:  4 to 5 carrier at 13:00.
891:  DU talk at 12:24.  ?4TAB
1566:  strong het noted.
1725 and 1737:  Weak hets noted.
2368.5:  nothing at all.

That's it from Cannon Beach, OR!  ..........Walt Salmaniw