Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 05:17:22 +0000
From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] EWE antenna questions
	<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 17:12 7/7/2008, you wrote:
>  What I'm less clear about is the
>ferrite ring / balun / transformer.  Where can you get these at?  Does
>anyone have part numbers or links to online stores?  When ordering
>stuff, I'm always leery of minimum orders and being on a tight budget
>often stifles stuff like that.

It's been awhile since I ordered from
http://www.cwsbytemark.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=206_221

but you could check with them...a quick look didn't say anything about
minimum orders.

>Also what wire would work best?  My one DX radio (a 20 year old RS
>DX-400) has a two (screw) terminal antenna input.  That worked well
with
>my old loop.  How can I feed that with the EWE?

you might want to use zip cord or speaker wire from the EWE's
transformer to the radio.  Unfortunately, I don't recall the DX400 (or
its twin the Uniden CR2021) allowing one to use only the antenna input
without also incorporating the signal from its internal antenna.   It
might not be a problem, either because the EWE will "swamp" the internal
antenna's signal, or because the two antennas could be phased against
each other.

Nick