Re: [IRCA] Wireless headphones - OK for DXing?

Re: [IRCA] Wireless headphones - OK for DXing?

Kevin

I have a pair of JVC wireless headphones (900 MHz analog). They work fine - they receive some TV interference due to my being about 5 miles from 6 of Seattle's TV stations, which limits the range to about 20 feet here in the house. The range is somewhat better when I take them to the Grayland Motel. They've never generated interference nor would I expect them to. They can be quite handy if I'm working in the shop, etc. or if I need to step away from the radio to get some coffee or rid myself of the previous batch. You can also use them to find out if it's worth getting out of bed to DX - i.e. tune the radio to a key indicator like 1566 747 or 774, and check reception on the headphones as morning approaches.

satya@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all:

I am contemplating getting a set of Sennheiser RS-120 wireless 900 Mhz
headphones.  Has anyone had any problems with heaphones like these
generating interference when DXing, especially in the proximity of a
ferrite antenna (portable rx, Quantum Loop, etc.)?

Thanks - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA