Re: [IRCA] EWE Antenna question. (2nd attempt!)

Re: [IRCA] EWE Antenna question. (2nd attempt!)

Barry,

I have expeimented with EWE antennas since I built my first one in 1981.
I never have had one 10 feet high. All of mine are 20-25 feet. I have
two at the moment, SW EWE at 25X100X25 and NW one is 22X60X22 or there
abouts. Both vertical sections need to be about the same height, but
other than that they all work about the same. The higher one give more
gain, but the directivity is about the same. Install the EWE on what
room you have, but don't worry about the rest. JUst make sure you have
good grounds. That is "Very" important with EWEs. Other antennas like
the KAZ, Super Loops, etc.  the grounding is not as important.
Fortunately I live in an area that has very wet soil year around, so to
install ground rods is easy.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin