[IRCA] Another web resource for DX'ing - Jott.com

[IRCA] Another web resource for DX'ing - Jott.com

Over on WTFDA's TV and FM DX list, I have been plugging a free 'net
resource called orb.com that streams files from your PC to anywhere you
want, as long as they are connected to the web.  This could be a laptop,
a Xbox 360, web enabled phones and so on.  They can stream live images
from a webcam, so I thought of pointing the cam at your DX TV and DX'ing
remotely.

That made me recall another great free resource - Jott.  I am very
forgetful.  If I am DX'ing away from my logbook, I may hear a call or a
slogan and if I try to entrust it to my brain, it will fail disally.
Enter Jott.  Jott is a service whereby you register and register your
phones (cell, home, work or whatever).  You also set up during the
regestration process email recipients.  When you call the toll free # it
knows that it's you.   The system will say "Who do you want to jott?"  I
say "myself" and it says "go ahead" and there is a beep.  I might say
something like "1290 Jones High School Fleabags Basketball on Wxxx."
Through speech-to-text technology, an email is sent to me with what I
said translated into text.  I have used thius for DX and for many other
things, such as business expense recoding.

73,
Dave Hascall
Indianapolis