Re: [IRCA] KKAD 1550 IBOC?

> Noticed at 12:04 AM PDT that KKAD 1550 is on with a open carrier
> and the strength is S-9+55 db.  1540 & 1550 also have a carrier with
> a level of S-9+40 db.
>
> Could this Pamplin media station be setting up a IBOC system?

I haven't seen any IBOC system with a single +/- 10KHz carrier.  It's always
the collection of digital carriers that causes the loud hiss.  And, from
what I've seen with tests to check the compatibility of the antenna system,
it's usually done with sweep tone.  What you're describing sounds more like
a normal AM station testing with a 10KHz audio tone.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI