[IRCA] Flying with radios...

I am heading to Hawaii at Christmas and finding it
"moderately challenging" pinning down a suitable radio
to take with me:

-one that will keep TSA hassles to a minimum
-and yet still get the most out of the wonderful dx environment that Hawaii is.

My initial thinking is going with a Sony 2010 (carry-on)
with a Wellbrook ALA100M and a small spool of wire and tools
in checked.

Call me crazy - but I am stressing about this at this very early
date.

I do get some reassurance from John Bryant's Easter Island experience:
He went to Easter Island (from the U.S.A. obviously) with an Eton E1
and lots of bits and pieces and lived to tell about it.

Cheers,

--
Colin Newell - Editor - coffeecrew.com | coffee.bc.ca | DXer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing