Re: [IRCA] Citizenship (OT)

Walt,

Thanks for explaining.  By your discription, it sounds much like our own
laws down here in migrating to the US from another country.  I had been
told otherwise in the past by Canadians! They were unhappy with all of
the people from other countries entering Canada. Of course I am going
back 20 years or more.  But in the case of the dual citizenship, I was
told that by a Canadian and used to be an American and still is.  He and
his wife moved to Canada for business reasons. When they tried to drop
their American citizenship, when they because Canadian citizens,  the US
told them, that they couldn't. You may have Canadian citizenship. but
you will always be a US citizen also.  I was told that only a couple
years back. To be honest, I was quite surprised.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager