Re: [IRCA] WGIV-1370

One wonders here. WGIV has been a frequent abuser in the past.....
Yes, they have, however, they have been VERY good in the past year. I haven't heard them in a while at night.

....they're   16 kw days....
Yes, they are listed as 16kw.

I don't think you'd have much QSB at your distance and they'd be a major presence on the >channel if full day power.
Not totally true. WSB-750 is about the same distance from me. They run 50kw and do get VERY DEEP fads with them. WGIV is a station that is just not heard here on repeated basis. They have been heard for the past 6 nights, even into 0300 and later. I think that some one just for to throw the switch.

Kaz, you been AM BCB DXing a long time. I think you know how to tell when a station is on day power or not. Here we have WDEF just to the south of me and WCAO down in Florida, they dominate the frequency, when WGIV is on daypower they will fade. BUT, last night there was a lot QSB all over the band. The F layer must have been active.

Also, I wish there was a way with e-mail to really describe what is heard, as far as a decription of propagation conditions are concerned.
73's
Willis
Old Fort, TN

It's
certainly possible at your distance to have them fade in and out using 45 watts. But if you continue to note them strong for a few nights, one can certainly suspect something is amiss.

Willis's post is well written here !! As he simply suggests that they "may" be on day power, rather than saying "gotta be cheating !" my reply is to suggest that I think if on day power they'd be all over the freq at Willis' distance and that my experience indicates stations can get out on low power, but don't dominate crowded regional in general, even when using phased Bev-type antennas.

73 KAZ