Re: [IRCA] Tried a couple new portables today.

Re: [IRCA] Tried a couple new portables today.

On Apr 26, 2008, at 9:22 PM, Neil Kazaross wrote:

FM is decent..but the whip doesn't swivel and the set has decent selectivity but would be better for DXers if a bit tighter and while you can make it directive by holding it so the whip is horiz, with the whip vertical, it is no better than the stock (surprisingly good and better than GM's trash) radio in my new Dodge pickup.

Kaz,

My whip swivels. What is your serial number? Mine is 02072. Yours is unusual if it doesn't swivel. I am curious to see what serial number has a non swiveling antenna.

I can tell you that you can get a PAL to F connector at Radio Shack and you will find that the E1 is an excellent, superb radio with an external loop or wire. I REALLY like mine. The drawback though is that it is kind of flimsily built. I even like mine better than the 2010.

Kevin
Gilbert, AZ