Re: [IRCA] Tried a couple new portables today.

At 09:22 PM 4/26/2008, you wrote:
>My appologies to those who love these portables..at 15 bucks the Sony ULR is fun, but the E1 (what was the Circuit City big sale price ?) will be little more than a $300 paperweight I fear.
>
>73 KAZ...who's next buy will be a Perseus SDR (what's best way to get one here in the US ?)

Hi Kaz.  Sorry to hear that your experience with the e1 is not that great.  For me (and I purchased it at the circuit city price ...high 200s I think), it's been an excellent performer....when hooked up to one of my external antennae.  It really shines in this configuration.  Sounds great too and very easy to use.  As for the Perseus....got one of those too.  There's no North American distributor (yet).  Having said that, it's easy to order from Europe.  I bought mine from the Italian distributor.  Paid 666 Euros up front.  It did take about 6 weeks to get to me as the demand is more than the supply.  It was WELL worth the wait when it did come to my office.  Nice small box....a piece of art when I opened it.  You'll love it!   Bottom line....no issues ordering directly from Europe, IMHO.......Walt.