Re: [IRCA] Legalized Bevereges

Oops..off course I meant NE directed.

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Legalized Bevereges

Wellbrook products are superb as you've found ! Phasing that loop vs the K9AY should give you loads of flexibility.

Provided your property under the 200ft mini-BOG is lawn-like rather than swamp-like I'd suspect that antenna NW would be a real good TA performer. You won't have enormous signal levels, but I'd expect a better ratio of TA signals to pest signals on it than anything else you have, and especially in upper BCB. (200 ft is a rather short for a BOG for lower freqs)

Experiment with the termination in the day to knock down "backendish" pests like Providence and NYC stations. 73 KAZ

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:15 PM

I live about 20 miles south of downtown Boston but I'm lucky enough to have a fairly decent sized lot (3/4 acre) with about 200 ft or better running NE toward Europe. When we bought the house last year I tried 3 antennas. The first was a 100 ft longwire running toward the NE. A second was another 100 ft longwire running toward the SSE. Both of these were not terminated. My third antenna was (and still is) a K9AY loop. Of all three I got the best results from the K9AY. Heard things I had only heard when living right on the water several years back. Late this winter I bought a Wellbook ALA1530 loop. I mounted it on a rotor about 7 ft off the ground and it blows everything else away. It's incredibly quiet and hence hears things the other antennas don't. I use that now as my main antenna and phase it with the K9AY.

This fall I do plan on running a 200ft min BOG NE to the edge of the wetlands and terminate it. We will see what results it brings.

Keith McGinnis
Hingham MA
SDR-IQ; Drake R8A & Eton E1;
Wellbrook ALA 1530 outdoor broadband loop, Wellbrook K9AY outdoor loop, 100 ft NE running longwire, Quantum Loop & Quantum Phaser