Re: [IRCA] Electrical QRM question

No, we haven't. Nor have I anything unusual plugged in such as a charger, cellphone, etc... I haven't even plugged in the VCR and big-box blue-screen-of-death television other family members watch during the summer (I always unplug these after I watch a DVD movie).

What I can't figure out is why the noise didn't return when I turned the power back on. This has worked twice over a span of a few months. I'm calling in an electrician on another unrelated matter and am wondering if what's happening here is a sign of any kind of electrical problem.

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Electrical QRM question

I once again experienced massive buzzing all around the house.

Have you recently installed low-power fluorescent lighting?

They are very noisy - but generally up to a few feet away from radio receivers.

--
Colin Newell - Editor - coffeecrew.com | coffee.bc.ca | DXer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing