Re: [IRCA] TP's for 04-03-08

Dennis,

     Thanks for your comments about the 14.5" antenna  SRF-39FP.  Yes, the
ICF-2010 can't really compete with it on open  frequencies, but the 2010's
selectivity is better, so it's kind of a tradeoff  for top overall DX performance.

     Before the DX season in the fall, I would like to  transplant a 14"
antenna into the ICF-2010, which I think would make a huge  difference in its DX
capability.  It would also be one of the "spinoff"  benefits of the current
Ultralight hotrodding craze, to create a super classic  DX portable that would be
of interest to the general AM-DX community.

     Good luck in your trip to Grayland this month,  Dennis.  I hope you can
log some DU's with your ultralights and a BOG  antenna, or at least some new
ULR countries.

                          73,  Gary