Re: [IRCA] Denied a QSL

Don,

I got a QSL from CFRA back in 65 from Seward AK. I think they had moved
to 580 by then. I have several QSLs from that era that the stations said
I was the first report from AK, including a non verifier at the time
KBUZ. The OM mentioned they don't generally respond to QSL requests, but
since my report was the first from the 49th state, they would respond.
But a few years later I reQSL'd them from Seaside. They had a form
letter within 3 years. So you never know if the next day a station
becomes a good QSLer. A lot of the flea power Midwest/ Eastern QSLs I
have received (well under 100w), I expected more raised eyebrows with
those from the stations, but maybe enclosing the cassette/CD does the
trick. I have less questionable receptions when they can listen to what
I heard. In many cases, the flea power signal is only there for a few
seconds. Being at the right place at the right time sort of thing and if
I am lucky the station will fade up at ID time, but more often than not,
they don't. The cassette with the timer has done the trick many times.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager