Re: [IRCA] 3 great reasons to own a radio

Re: [IRCA] 3 great reasons to own a radio

Gee, where do I start?  Education, as when I was in college I wrote
Radio Moscow about the czars in Russia as I did a term paper on the
subject. I received a nice 4 page single spaced typed letter giving me a
lot of history on the subject. I got an "A" in the course. Much of the
knowledge I have received over the years was from radio. Today, radio,
and worldwide satellite, radio & TV.
   Many of us cannot afford to travel worldwide. Listening to stations
all over is a real treat. Be it Hohhot, China; Shillong India, or Cebu
Philippines. Then to top it off, getting the QSL from the station.
   Add to that, all of the enjoyment I have received listening to all of
the music from around the world. That alone has changed my interest in
music. Often, I will record hours of pop music from different stations
and listen to them in the van. Driving on trips, I have listened to
tapes of FM 94 Bangkok, FM 96 Oaxaca, and others.
   Without radio, I would have never discovered the IRCA, and met so
many wonderful DXers that have become close friends with.  We are a real
family.  You are always there when I have needed support, like recently
with the loss of my neighbor.  All of the people running stations I have
enjoyed visits with through the years, let alone my years in
broadcasting.
   I could go on and on, but radio has really had a huge effect n my
life.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin