Re: [IRCA] Ultralighting

Hello Paul,

     Thanks for your post, and we are very honored to  have you as a member
of our worldwide Ultralight DXing team!

     This is Gary DeBock, the original ULR fanatic, in  Puyallup, Washington.
 I was a mild-mannered AM DXer until late  November, at which point I
received three TP stations on a stock SRF-59.. and  became a somewhat raging pocket
radio fanatic almost overnight.  The  original SRF-59 review was printed in
IRCA's DX Monitor in December, and in  Europe's MWN in January, having a booming
effect that has surprised all of  us.

     Our IRCA list communication network was  supplemented by Colin Newell's
generous offer to host our ULR activities on his  outstanding dxer.ca web
site.  We also have an "Ultralight Hotrodding"  Yahoo Group which is dedicated to
the modification efforts to improve the  performance of the stock ULR's.  As
yet there is no Yahoo Group dedicated  to ULR DXing itself, although with the
level of ULR interest continuing to  spread like wildfire, I'm sure that this
type of group will be formed before  long.

     Here on the USA west coast, there is no chance for  anybody to log 300
stations on a ULR in 30 days, although I do have the unique  satisfaction of
knowing that Rob Ross got his ULR DXing start with a humble  SRF-59 that I sent
him as a sample, in December.  Many early samples went  to Canada, with the
result that ULR DXing in North America is currently  dominated by
ultra-successful Canadians, hi.

     Thanks again for your post, Paul, and if we can  assist you in any way,
please do not hesitate to contact us.

                            73,  Gary DeBock  (N7EKX)

     .

Home.