Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 03:46:41 -0400
From: "Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] Logging on 1520khz using my SRF-59... includes a
	definate	and an UN'id
To: "Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America"
	<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "NRC AM List" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>

About 3:25 this morning, I was spinning the dial on my Sony SRF-59
Walkman..

The dial was a big pile of mud tonight, meaning there were stations on
top
of stations.

I was looking for a "placeholder" station to figure out where exactly on
the
dial I had everything at. While waiting for something to pop up, I heard
an
add with a 716 area code and based upon where the dial was, I'd say I
logged
WWKB-AM 1520

Now, I also have an UN'id station and I can't quite figure this one
out...

This UN'idwas one of the many stations in the mud on 1520kHz...

It was definately playing oldies (60s, 70's type stuff) and it was
satelitte
delivered programming from ABC's Oldies Radio Network in Dallas. I
recognized a jingle between a song as simple "Oldies Radio" and then
coming
out of a song, I recognized the jocks voice but don't remember his name.

I didn't make out the entire call sign, but I was pretty sure I heard
the
last two letters as "N" and "S" or something that sounded like them. I
don't
think it was WNWS Brownsville, TN as they are Daytime only and spanish.

I'm tempted to say is KDJS 1590 Wimar, MN (1KW Day-2 towers/89W Night-2
towers) as it seems like the station does run a salitte format.. but
it's a
bit far fetched for me to believe at this point.

Any insight? Thoughts?

--
Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.