Re: [IRCA] Logging on 1520khz using my SRF-59... includes a definateand an UN'id

Re: [IRCA] Logging on 1520khz using my SRF-59... includes a definateand an UN'id

I was looking for a "placeholder" station to figure out where exactly on the dial I had everything at. While waiting for something to pop up, I heard an add with a 716 area code and based upon where the dial was, I'd say I logged
WWKB-AM 152

WWKB-1520 Buffalo, NY Original call was WKBW and played top 40 in early and mid 60's. Very comman here in the south. Old station, been around since 1920's.

For "place marker" use WLAC-1510. Nashville, TN, Home of the Tennessee Vols football. They have Coast to Coast after 0100 your time. You should hear them very nice in SC.

Sometime around midnight why not try for Saudi Arabia on 1521. They will beat against WWKB and cause a het. They were strong tonight around midnight. They only run 2,000,000 watts. You never can tell, you might get audio from them.

Sooner or later you will run across KOKC-1520 Oklahoma City, OK. Should be very easy to here on your Walkman. KOKC was originally KOMA and was top 40 rock n' roll in late 50 and early 60's.

Try for KXEL - 1540, Waterloo, Iowa - they come into the south sometimes.
Also, this summer, listen for ZNS-1540 from the Bahamas. They are nice station and during her-racane season stay on day power and you can hear them all night.

73's