[IRCA] 300 in 30 days with an Ultralight? Not quite but I had fun!

[IRCA] 300 in 30 days with an Ultralight? Not quite but I had fun!

Hiya,

I did not come anywhere close to Rob Ross's amazing 300 logged in 30
days on a ULR but I did log 134 in 30 days.  HOWEVER in reality it was
only about 10 hours worth of DX time.  134 stations in a half a day?  :)
Of the 134, those were spread out over 5 countries, 4 Canadian Provinces
and 28 US States.  I added 11 new ones to the overall logbook, with the
90 watt KDAK 1600-ND being the best catch at well over 800 miles.

I logged 102 in a four hour period over the March 2-4 weekend for the
ULR Sprint contest but I had already logged many of them earlier in my
quest for 300 in 30.  I did log about 30 new ones to my ULR log during
the Sprint.  I want to thank Gil and John B. for running the Sprint, it
was fun and challenging.  I suggested that maybe they have a rerun in
the Fall and maybe the Sun will coordinate better for the West Coasters
looking for ULR TP and DU DX.

73 and Good DX (both regular and ULR) to all,

Dave Hascall
Indianapolis, IN
ULR and pseudo-ULR collection: SRF-59, GE Model No. 7-1637, Cassette
Walkmen:  WM-FX421 and WM-FS493