Re: [IRCA] Sangean DT200VX vs. DT200V?

--- Russ Johnson <radiok3pi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the VX, you have to decide whether you are in Normal Tuning or
> Pre-Set
> mode.  If  you are in Pre-Set mode, the up/down buttons take you
> through
> your memories. A VX advantage....you can go backwards and forwards
> with
> memories.

One of my pet peeves with the vx is that when I enter stations into
memory on 10 kHz spacing and then change over to 9 kHz spacing, the
memories are erased, and are not restored when I switch back to 10 kHz.
Therefore the memories are useless to me for AM.

> Someone else may pipe in on this (may have already), but I can't
> figure out
> how to get the backlight on without doing something (going up/down),
> etc.

You can't.

> They should have replaced TV audio with Weather channels.

Agree.

> To save a little $$$, sometimes C Crane has what you are looking for
> in the
> Orphan category.

Trouble is that CCrane's reputation for quality is marginal and none of
their receivers I am aware of match up in terms of either sensitivity
or selectivity.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]