Re: [IRCA] 2008 Cabin Fever DX Sprint Results

Re: [IRCA] 2008 Cabin Fever DX Sprint Results

Folks,

In my report, I had failed to report the top scorers in Americas DX
category. With apologies to them (I'm still po'd about John
deleting Mr. Magubwe's Nigerian economic opportunity and notice of the Irish
Sweepstakes winnings.  It deprived me of an Oprah moment with an opportunity
to pass untold riches on to the top scorers.  Blame him, not me. ), here are
their scores:

In the Americas DX category, John Bryant of Stillwater, OK, was top scorer
with 12,334 km in the Unlimited Class, and he logged the following stations:
570 Radio Reloj, CMDC Santa Clara, Cuba 2245 km; 670 R. Rebelde, CMQ, Ciudad
Habana, Cuba   2018 km;  710 R. Rebelde, CMW, La Julia, La Habana, Cuba 2052
km; R. Rebelde, CMBA, Villa Maria, La H. , Cuba   2017 km and 800
TransWorldR, PJB, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles 3912 km.

In the Americas DX category, Barefoot Class, Rob Ross of London, Ontario,
was top scorer with 17,502 km and logged the following:    750   Radio
Caracas   YVKS  Caracas, Venezuela 3863 km;   800  PJB3 TWR   Bonaire,
Netherlands Antilles 3649 km; 1060 XEEP  Mexico City, Mexico 3108 km; 810
Caracol HJCY Bogota, Colombia 4313 km; 530 Radio Vision Cristiana Grand
Turk, Turks/Caicos  2569 km.

These catches by John and Rob are noteworthy because of their landlocked
locations, demonstrating that great DXing into Latin America can be had with
simple equipment from non-coastal areas of North America.

73 Gil