Re: [IRCA] 29 Feb TPs

I didn't have a lot of time to listen this morning, but I did note that reception conditions were markedly different. A fair number of carriers, but not on the regular TP channels, so I suspect they were more DU. Other than 1548 they weren't really the TPs I'd expect though. For example 1107 was a stronger carrier than 1116, which wasn't at all impressive. Down lower, 702 was only a fair carrier, with 756 and 765 both stronger.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Nick Hall-Patch wrote:

A big difference from yesterday; the geomagnetic conditions were finally making themselves felt...presumably because I had a few more minutes to DX.

Listened this morning for a few minutes around 1420 to 1450UT.   Most of the Asian regulars were subdued, though 828 did make a reasonable appearance

Asian unless otherwise noted:

pretty darn good audio (at least briefly):  none

reasonable audios (though often battling w/splash): 828

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise: 567...an odd one, as was definitely not Japanese, but there wasn't much being heard from Australia either, so it seems strange that Julia Creek would be holding forth when others like 612 weren't doing as well.

Burbles in the splatter: 612,  738 DU, 747, 756 DU, 774 (2 stations), 783 DU, 954

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter): 864, 1098 DU

best wishes,

Nick