[IRCA] OT: #5000 Received

One must appreciate what the moderators have to do to keep this site moving smoothly, and focused.  One should appreciate the volumn of posts that are processed and handled, or the computer space needed and maintenanced.

Having said that, #5000 has been received - not QSLs, but posts that have gone unopened and unread, due to limited time and more Important Life issues to attend to, since logging back in in September.  When I have an evening open, I'll check in to view what anyone is hearing on the East Coast, which isn't too often.  I learned my lesson last year not to expect much; thanks Mark and a few others.  If nothing there I move on... tomorrow it's old news anyway.

It seems that unimportant chatter (UltraLight radios are the craze) and unecessary back and forth volley are flooding these pages.  When the time comes in a few months, I'll click the "dump flush" button/handle, hello.  I've read about 1000 postings since.

You cannot help but wonder, and ponder, at about 5 seconds each, the average time to open, read, and disposition... that's equals 30,000 seconds, or 500 minutes, or 8+ hours... and that's on a good day.

A tip o the hat to the moderators - Thanks folks for keeping this page moving thru the pipes.

73s
Konnie
SW CT