[IRCA] "Super Prison Radio" Receives JOAK-594 Better than ICF-2010

[IRCA] "Super Prison Radio" Receives JOAK-594 Better than ICF-2010

Hello All,

     The SRF-39FP "prison radio" Ultralight with a  transplanted 6.25 inch
ferrite loopstick (from an ICF-S5) has received its first  TP, and at a level
clearly superior to that of my aligned ICF-2010.

     Having already shown its dominance in daytime DX  shootouts here, the
Super Prison Radio was receiving huge TP hets all around the  band around 1455
UTC this morning.  Checking 594 and finding moderate  Japanese audio, I then
checked the ICF-2010, which had the same audio, but  significantly weaker.
There wasn't more time to check TP DX, but that one  event was enough to fully
wake me up, hi.

     This experimental receiver will be at Bruce  Portzer's get-together at
Saturday, so please bring your best portables if you  are skeptical.. this tiny
wonder loves shootouts!!

                      73,  Gary.

Awards. Go to AOL Music.