Re: [IRCA] Repairing the beverage

Patrick,

Forgive me if we have already had this discussion. It may come up seasonally
as you repair your Beverage. ;) (My memory allows me to make interesting new
discoveries and meet new friends who seem to already know my name on a daily
basis.) For heavy duty work, I've ditched the solder gun in favor of a 100
watt Weller iron, the W100P.  The "mass" of the gun's tip was just not up to
heating large joints and heat sinks for best solder flow.  The chisel tip of
the iron is .375 wide.  While it does not have the instant ability to power
up heat like a gun, once it gets hot, there is no temperature drop on large
surfaces.  The W100P-3. iron has three tip selections for temperature
control, 600, 700 and 800F.

What size wire are you using?
Is it limb and tree falls that break it?

73 Gil