Re: [IRCA] WABV DX TEST HEARD IN TN

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lid
Bob-
I looked up your referance for LID. I have to totally disagree with that
defination.

"Inept or immature operator in the amateur radio service (derogatory)"

Inept, is a bogus explaination in this case. Because a person is slow and
unexperianced does not mean he is 'inept.' Give the guy time and he will get
better.

To say a person is 'immature' is also totally bogus as used in ham radio. I
have worked 75 year old novices, that are making their first QSO, that I
would call a LID operator. I would not say a 75 year old man was 'immature.'
I also wouldn't say a person is stupid because he was a poor operator. Lack
of experance is not being immature or stupid.

You can't trust everything you read on Wikipedia. I have found a lot stuff
that people have placed on Wikipedia that was just WRONG!!!!

Willis