Re: [IRCA] WABV DX TEST HEARD IN TN

--- k4ape <k4ape@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps you should go and refresh yourself on the meaning of commen
> words
> and phrases used by DXers, ham radio operators and SWLs.
>
> I only described what the signal "sounded" like. No personal attacks
> were
> made or intended. BUT the "snot noised kiddies" on the list can't
> read or
> look up something they don't understand.

If I can interject a point into this debate, it is simply not
reasonable to expect anyone other than a ham to know what those terms
mean - they are terms specific to one fairly narrow hobby, and one is
slang anyway. I am not even certain how many broadcast engineers would
know them either.

I wasn't able to listen this time around, and I will be looking forward
to a full-power test later -- just hopefully not next week while I'm
out of town.

And I'd highly recommend Paul to take Les up on his offer, because the
material he has produced for tests in the past is A+ quality.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id