[IRCA] More on WGCR 720 Xmtr test

A couple of days ago I posted some info about a test of a new (or more
accurately used purchased) transmitter that WGCR 720 Pisgah Forest NC was going  to
test. The test was going to be conducted on the morning of 1/31 at 0000 EST,
and would consist of test tones.

I listened on 1/31 from 0000 to 0020 EST and did not hear this test. I also
note that several others listened during this period and reported to the
various  DX lists that they did not hear it.

Last night I received an e-mail from Bill Hale, pasing along an e-mail
exchange between Frank Welch and the station. The crux of the exchange: that the
station (apparently) DID conduct the test (at a later hour perhaps?), and that
there were no plans to do any more testing. So it looks like this particular
DX  opportunity has passed.
73     Bill Dvorak     Madison  WI

48)