Re: [IRCA] DX loggings from the far north

On Wednesday 02 January 2008 21:08, Walter Salmaniw wrote:
> 1107 UNID unid, Jan 1 0425 - I'm hearing two transmitters on this
> frequency.  Someone is on the high side....upto to 50 Hz high, it
> seems causing a disturbing hum which destroys any chance of IDing
> the stations.  The other is spot on, it seems.  Any ideas?  There
> is weak music in the background, though.  I wondered about AFN.
>  When stationed in Germany, I really enjoyed listening to them
> here. (Salmaniw, Masset, BC)

It could be an off-frequency Spanish station, though that one is more
than 50 Hz high.  In Feb 06, I ID'ed a station on about 1107.13 as an
RNE5 outlet, and Mauno Ritolo subsequently informed me that it was
the transmitter located at Aldea Cano.  I just checked tonight, and
there is still a carrier near 1107.13, so it's likely the same
station.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON