Re: [IRCA] Full SRF-59 Service Manual Alignment Performed

Re: [IRCA] Full SRF-59 Service Manual Alignment Performed

Hi Mesa Mike,

     I've been so busy playing with the SRF-59  alignments that I haven't had
the chance to properly congratulate you on your  fantastic SRF-M37V
selectivity modification!  Great work... it was exactly  what was needed for that
promising little unit, which desperately needed this to  become a total digital DX
machine.  I plan to do it myself to my own  SRF-M37V, after I fully align a
few more SRF-59's.

     The service manual I am using is for the  SRF-PSY03, but it works
perfectly well for the SRF-59.  All the alignment  components are exactly the same,
and the alignment is routine for anyone with  technical experience (although
the disassembly and reassembly of the SRF-59 is  tricky, and may send novices
straight to the shrink).  I plan to write a  smooth alignment procedure
shortly, and update the now-superceded December 24  procedure with today's new steps.

     Congratulation again on your great SRF-M37V  modification, Mike, and may
the Ultralight Force be with you!

                                                                 73,  Gary