Re: [IRCA] QSL??? DX test CFFX 960

I should give some background as far as QSLs and CFFX are concerned. The
station is doing us a favour. The station had received an e-mail from
someone else, and the engineer was sitting on it, when I contacted him, by
chance, by telephone. The engineer was extremely friendly, and explained
that he had the request on file, but has been VERY busy overseeing the
transition of 960 to 104.3. He was concerned about the number of reports
he'd receive adding to an already very difficult workload. I explained that
our BCB test committee could handle the responses, if he wished, and also
supply test material. He took us up on this, and has been very nice to deal
with. Soon afterwards, he expressed the desire to see the reports and
respond. We talked a bit about the report's he'd had from Europe, and my
guess is that he appreciated hearing from us DXers because he cared about
his signal. Anyhow, we'll get him the cards, or whatever it is that a BCB TC
volunteer is designing (I've seen a mock-up, very nice) as we speak. The
only experience I've had with QSLing a DX test in this cyber-age was last
year's MT DX test on 750. It came via e-mail, as an attachment, and is
treasured in my DX files. I don't collect QSLs anymore (used to) but I
landed this one simply as a matter of course after seeking to confirm music
and other test content that I'd heard. The eQSL sure looks real to me, and
has found it's way into my age-old QSL paper file. Anyhow, I really want to
respect the CE's original wishes, and his clearly stated concerns. I want to
make this as easy on him as possible, simply as a matter of respect. We're
finalizing details on how the QSLing will be done, but my plan is to ask
that reports be sent to BOTH of us, so that if he wants out and/or gets
busy, I can take over, and so that I can double-check for any reports that
might appear suspect. Folks, we're dealing in this case with an engineer who
is doing us a favour at the very moment he will be busy ... a scant few
hours after the test, he will be turning off 960 and relying solely on his
FM to carry the station forward. Anyhow, I need to work out some QSL
logistics with the test committee. This is new territory for me. If there's
something any of you feel should be done, and it isn't being done, then
don't just complain -- offer some kind of help - big or small, your time,
technical advice/help, actual resources, whatever - to help get it done.

I'm not the list moderator, but I do ask that we move the discussion to
something more useful. I'm curious -- who has previously heard CFFX, and
where?

Saul